I thought I'd posted this before, but it looks like Blogger ate my post.
So, I also finished the first of the Flying Hearts Socks for a test knit. It came right down to the night of the 15th. That's what I get for trying to take on too many things at once, I guess.
Anyway, given both a possible shortage of yarn, and a tightly looming deadline, I made these quite short at the ankle.
I usually wouldn't make them this short, but this way I can wear them with my running shoes in the summer (they're lacy enough I wouldn't want to wear them in the winter).
Also, I found that while people suggest the elastic bind-off for toe-up socks, as you can see from the photo, it's actually a touch too big and didn't contract enough. They do still stay up ok, which is the important part, though. I think I'll stick with the cable bind-off for my toe-up socks from now on, unless it really looks like they're going to be tight.