Saturday 21 December 2013

Last-Minute Birthday Knitting

So. . . despite my best efforts at planning out this holiday and birthday knitting, I still ended up knitting my Grandmother's Birthday Scarf on the morning of her birthday party.

 I've really got to get better about that, I did the same thing with my father's socks!

But, I liked the pattern of this scarf, even if it is a little thin for my tastes.  But because it's so thin, it does knit up quite quickly.

My picture, however, is not so awesome.  It was taken on the floor, while I was trying to pack and get out the door.  It was the only picture I could get before it was gifted.  It makes it look rather deformed, which it's not,  and yes, I'm not quite sure why that one end stretched out more.  It annoys me, but you can't tell on the finished scarf when it's hanging around your neck.


Regardless, though, the scarf's been gifted to a good (and loving) home.  It really brought a smile to her face, and she was so proud that my knitting's advanced.  I think she still remembers the kid who was learning to knit and purl, which was really sweet. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment