Tuesday 25 February 2014

. . . So it helps if you read the pattern. . .

It really, really does.

Remember my tension fail I wrote about last week?

Well, it's not so much that my tension got screwed up, it's that I didn't actually read the pattern.   I thought it was supposed to be 6 repeats of the colour-work chart.

No, it's 1 repeat of the chart all the way around with the rest of the sock in the stripe pattern.

. . . .

Well, don't I feel stupid.

On the plus side, I've frogged right back on this sock, and I'm taking the opportunity to learn two-at-a-time socks. I tried once before, but Magic Loop left me with a headache and a horrible tangle. 

But, as usual, with so many tutorials out there, finally something 'clicked.'   In this case, it was Silver's Sock Class' Two Toe-Up Socks on One Circular Needle Tutorial, which has been absurdly helpful, and finally made sense to my head. 

I'm hoping doing my socks (and sleeves, and gloves) two-at-a-time, will eliminate second sock/mitten/sleeve syndrome, which I have in spades.  I have very few finished socks and many socks without mates. 

I'm actually really excited about the idea two-at-a-time.  So far it's been really interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment