Friday 14 February 2014

Ravellenics 2014, and a Finished WIP!

Well, it's official:

I've been sucked into the entertainment value that is the Ravelry Ravellenics 2014, despite not watching any of the actual Olympic events.

So, I have a few things to add:

1) I'm working on a pair of Quick Bulky Socks:


The pattern comes from Toronto's very own Knit-O-Matic, via their blog, and the yarn is Briggs and Little, leftovers from the Fall Lake Slippers.

I just finished the first sock today, and I'm hoping to finish the second by the 23rd (the end of the Olympics).

2) A Fair Isle Hat to match my Fair-Isle Mittens.

I've only just gotten past the ribbing, but the worsted-weight yarn (also Briggs and Little. . .hmm, I'm seeing a pattern here), means it does knit up reasonably quickly.

Finally:  Ravellenics allows you to enter works-in-progress, that you finish over their time-span,  and I did just that.  I finally finished my Glacier Sweep shawl!



It took quite a while, but I'm loving it.  It's warm (which has been nice given the recent weather, even if it is starting to warm up), and it's squishy, and the colour is just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment